Wednesday, April 29, 2009

My presentation summary


I presented on April 28th, tuesday. The topic was "The impact of the new media on children's education and social formation". I discussed two sides of the impact: positive and negative.
Positive impact inlcudes such things as promotion of learning, development of physical reaction, memory, and logic. The negative impacts that I was talking about were possible health problems such as obesity, addiction to video games, loss of physical strength. Also I was raising the problem of dificit of real life social communication, and exposure to undesirable information and contacts through the internet. At the end of my presentation I suggested to parents to control what the kids are watching or playing and to explain what is good and what is bad. I also suggested to involve kids in physical activities and real offline communication with other people.

1 comment:

  1. i agree with you that we have to let our kids know what we want out child to do and not to do. If we tell them what is bad and good in the new media, then when they will use new media they will think about our advice or warning.

    ReplyDelete